Battle Robot Kit 'Hellraiser'
Battle Robot Kit 'Hellraiser' comes with everything you need to get started in combat robotics.
You can also buy just the drum on the weapon product page.
This is not a kit for absolute beginners.
- UHMW Drum with Alloy Steel Teeth and 22mm bearing
- UHMW chassis (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) has plenty of strength and is repairable with Quicksteel Epoxy Putty.
- Two FingerTech "Silver Spark" gearmotors. (Choose Ratio)
- 1.5-inch Snap Wheels and Snap Hubs provide both speed and pushing power.
- Two FingerTech tinyESC v2 speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.
- Polycarbonate combat armor lid keeps the components safe.
- DYS D2822/17 Brushless Outrunner 1100KV
Must be 18 years of age or older to purchase.
Parts & Specifications
Body Width: (6in)
Body Height: 1in
Weight: 420grams (14.82oz)
Weapon Motor DYS D2822/17 Brushless Outrunner 1100KV Weapon ESC DYS XSD 20A Brushless Speed Controller Weapon Mount Award winning UHMW blade hub/motor guard & 1/8" carbon fiber motor mount Weapon UHMW Drum with Alloy Steel Teeth and 22mm bearing Chassis:
UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene "Reprocessed" ) and is repairable with Quicksteel Epoxy Putty.
*Reprocessed UHMW features the same low coefficient of friction as standard UHMW while also offering a slightly better wear resistance.
DriveMotors: 2x 50:1 Silver Spark Gearmotors Motor Controllers: 2x FingerTech tinyESC v2 translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver. Wheels: 1.5" x 0.5" Snap Wheels are soft and grippy. A direct hit will be absorbed and won't destroy your motors! Includes 3mm x 0.5" Snap Hubs. Battery: 2S Rechargeable 7.4V 300mAh "Galaxy" lipo pack. Or Upgrade to 3S & BEC for more power + $20 Power Switch: FingerTech Mini Power Switch Armor: .0625in (1.651mm) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate Screws All included to mount motor and top armor. Instructions:
Transmitter and receiver are required. If you don't have them already, you can add them to your order at checkout for $57.99. "T6A" 2.4GHz 6-Channel Transmitter, "TR6A" 2.4GHz 6-Channel Receiver and PC Cable
* You will most likely need to remove the plastic case on the receiver and cover with heat shrink to get it to properly fit inside the chassis.
*The PC Cable is for reprogramming channel variables and mixing.
Tools & Materials Included:
- Razor knife & sandpaper to clean up residue leftover from the milling process on your UHMW chassis and hub.
- Heat shrink to seal wire connections if you chose to solder.
- Snap Ring Pliers - 1mm (0.038in) tips
- Standard and metric small hex wrenches
- Wrench to fit 1/4" Nylon Nut
- Small cross & flat head screwdriver
- Hacksaw with metal blade to cut drive motor shafts
Optional tools and material required for Preparing for Battle:
- Soldering iron and solder (60/40 rosin core type recommended). Recommended to replace incuded FingerTech Mini Terminal Block. Soldering gives you the strength you need for competitions.
- Wire strippers
- Hot glue gun & glue
- QuickSteel Epoxy Putty
See How to videos for more materials recommended
Prepare for Battle! (How to Videos)
- Battle-harden motors with epoxy
- Thread lock all bolts and set screws
- QuickSteel epoxy putty to patch your chassis
- Solder all wire connections
- Hot glue gun to strengthen wire connections