Battle Robot Kit 'Hellraiser' comes with everything you need to get started in combat robotics.
You can also buy just the drum on the weapon product page.
This is not a kit for absolute beginners.
- UHMW Drum with Alloy Steel Teeth and 22mm bearing
- UHMW chassis (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) has plenty of strength and is repairable with Quicksteel Epoxy Putty.
- Two FingerTech "Silver Spark" gearmotors. (Choose Ratio)
- 1.5-inch Snap Wheels and Snap Hubs provide both speed and pushing power.
- Two FingerTech tinyESC v2 speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.
- Polycarbonate combat armor lid keeps the components safe.
- DYS D2822/17 Brushless Outrunner 1100KV
Must be 18 years of age or older to purchase.
Battle Robot Kit 'Hellraiser'
Body Width: (6in)
Body Height: 1in
Weight: 420grams (14.82oz)
Weapon Motor DYS D2822/17 Brushless Outrunner 1100KV Weapon ESC DYS XSD 20A Brushless Speed Controller Weapon Mount Award winning UHMW blade hub/motor guard & 1/8" carbon fiber motor mount Weapon UHMW Drum with Alloy Steel Teeth and 22mm bearing Chassis:
UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene "Reprocessed" ) and is repairable with Quicksteel Epoxy Putty.
*Reprocessed UHMW features the same low coefficient of friction as standard UHMW while also offering a slightly better wear resistance.
DriveMotors: 2x 50:1 Silver Spark Gearmotors Motor Controllers: 2x FingerTech tinyESC v2 translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver. Wheels: 1.5" x 0.5" Snap Wheels are soft and grippy. A direct hit will be absorbed and won't destroy your motors! Includes 3mm x 0.5" Snap Hubs. Battery: 2S Rechargeable 7.4V 300mAh "Galaxy" lipo pack. Or Upgrade to 3S & BEC for more power + $20 Power Switch: FingerTech Mini Power Switch Armor: .0625in (1.651mm) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate Screws All included to mount motor and top armor. Instructions:
Transmitter and receiver are required. If you don't have them already, you can add them to your order at checkout for $57.99. "T6A" 2.4GHz 6-Channel Transmitter, "TR6A" 2.4GHz 6-Channel Receiver and PC Cable
* You will most likely need to remove the plastic case on the receiver and cover with heat shrink to get it to properly fit inside the chassis.
*The PC Cable is for reprogramming channel variables and mixing.
Tools & Materials Included:
- Razor knife & sandpaper to clean up residue leftover from the milling process on your UHMW chassis and hub.
- Heat shrink to seal wire connections if you chose to solder.
- Snap Ring Pliers - 1mm (0.038in) tips
- Standard and metric small hex wrenches
- Wrench to fit 1/4" Nylon Nut
- Small cross & flat head screwdriver
- Hacksaw with metal blade to cut drive motor shafts
Optional tools and material required for Preparing for Battle:
- Soldering iron and solder (60/40 rosin core type recommended). Recommended to replace incuded FingerTech Mini Terminal Block. Soldering gives you the strength you need for competitions.
- Wire strippers
- Hot glue gun & glue
- QuickSteel Epoxy Putty
See How to videos for more materials recommended
Prepare for Battle! (How to Videos)
- Battle-harden motors with epoxy
- Thread lock all bolts and set screws
- QuickSteel epoxy putty to patch your chassis
- Solder all wire connections
- Hot glue gun to strengthen wire connections