Fights & Competition Awards
1st place Sactown Smack Down 2018
2nd place Hornet Combat @ CSUS 2019
2nd place Oregon State Bot Brawl 2019
2nd place Santa Slam 2020 (Under the name "Hunter")
3rd Place NorCal Robotics Expo 2019
Battle Robot Kit 'Lobotomy' comes with everything you need to get started in combat robotics.
- FingerTech Blade Mount
- UHMW chassis (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) has plenty of strength and is repairable with Quicksteel Epoxy Putty.
- Two FingerTech "Silver Spark" gearmotors.
- 2.25-inch Snap Wheels and Snap Hubs provide both speed and pushing power.
- 5A ESC Brushed Speed Controller Dual Way Bidirectional ESC (Speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.)
- FingerTech Titanium Weapon Bar.
- Polycarbonate combat armor lid keeps the components safe.
- DYS D2822/17 Brushless Outrunner 1100KV
This is not a kit for absolute beginners.
Must be 18 years of age or older to purchase.
Product is made to order. Please allow 15 days for shipping.
'Lobotomy' Battle Robot Kit
Body Width: (6in)
Body Height: 1in
Weight: 420grams (14.82oz)
Weapon Motor DYS D2822/17 Brushless Outrunner 1100KV Weapon ESC DYS XSD 20A Brushless Speed Controller Weapon Mount FingerTech's new Blade Mount Weapon FingerTech 5.5inch x 3mm Titanium Bar Chassis:
UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene "Reprocessed" ) and is repairable with Quicksteel Epoxy Putty.
*Reprocessed UHMW features the same low coefficient of friction as standard UHMW while also offering a slightly better wear resistance.
DriveMotors: 2x 50:1 Silver Spark Gearmotors Motor Controllers: Dual ESC translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver. Wheels: 2.25 x 2.25 x0.5" Snap Wheels are soft and grippy. A direct hit will be absorbed and won't destroy your motors! Includes 3mm x 0.5" Snap Hubs. Battery: 2S Rechargeable 7.4V 300mAh "Galaxy" lipo pack. Or Upgrade to 3S & BEC for more power + $20 Power Switch: FingerTech Mini Power Switch Armor: .0625in (1.651mm) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate Screws All included to mount motor and top armor. Instructions:
* Transmitter and receiver. (Ours comes with a PC Cable for reprogramming channel variables and mixing.)
* LiPo Charger 2S-3S Balance Battery Charger 7.4-11.1V
Tools & Materials Included:
- Razor knife & sandpaper to clean up residue leftover from the milling process on your UHMW chassis and hub.
- Heat shrink to seal wire connections if you chose to solder.
- Snap Ring Pliers - 1mm (0.038in) tips
- Standard and metric small hex wrenches
- Wrench to fit 1/4" Nylon Nut
- Small cross & flat head screwdriver
- Hacksaw with a metal blade to cut drive motor shafts (Optional)
- Soldering iron and solder (60/40 rosin core type recommended). Recommended to replace included FingerTech Mini Terminal Block. Soldering gives you the strength you need for competitions. And highly recommended in case a wire come loose.
Optional tools and material required for Preparing for Battle:
- Soldering iron and solder (60/40 rosin core type recommended). Recommended to replace included FingerTech Mini Terminal Block. Soldering gives you the strength you need for competitions.
- Wire strippers
- Hot glue gun & glue
- QuickSteel Epoxy Putty
See How to videos for more materials recommended
Prepare for Battle! (How to Videos)
- Battle-harden motors with epoxy
- Thread lock all bolts and set screws
- QuickSteel epoxy putty to patch your chassis
- Solder all wire connections
- Hot glue gun to strengthen wire connections