FingerTech Twist Hubs (pair) 3mm Shaft, .50 (Thin)
Foam wheels are the preferred choice for combat robots because they absorb impacts and save your drive motors from stripping teeth.
Use Twist Hubs to mount our FingerTech Foam Wheels, or if you already have Lite Flites (or their thinner counterpart Lectra Lites) they can be used with Twist Hubs too!
With Twist Hubs, you can easily and securely mount these foam tires to your robot.
Available in two widths; 0.50" (thin) and 0.75" (wide), and in two bore sizes; 3mm and 4mm.
- Anodized 6061 aluminum for high strength and low weight.
- The foam tire is held tightly by a custom locking washer, which must be pressed in and turned 90 degrees to release.
- The hex flange will allow you to keep driving even if the locking washer is destroyed.
- The hub is secured to the motor shaft by a strong 8-32 setscrew.
- Available with 3mm and 4mm shaft bore, but can be drilled out as big as 6.35mm (0.25in).
- Weight: Thin size (0.50in wide) weighs 5.5g each.
(Remember that you will be removing the 3g plastic hubs from Lite Flites and Lectra Lites first!)
- 5/64" hex wrench
- Foam wheels (FingerTech Foam Wheels, Lite Flites or Lectra Lites)
- FingerTech Twist Hub Key or needle nosed pliers